Women Demand Respect: A Speak-Out On The GOP Attacks on Women
Please join AFSCME Council 31, Chicago NOW PAC, Chicago Women Take Action, Citizen Action Illinois, Illinois Alliance for Retired Americans, Men4Choice, People’s Action, and Planned Parenthood Illinois Action, and SEIU Health Care Illinois-Indiana
Time: Thursday, October 20th, 11AM-1PM
Location: Wacker Drive & Wabash Avenue, Chicago (across the river from Trump Tower)
If you can attend, please let everyone know you’re with Chicago NOW by wearing your Chicago NOW t-shirt or by wearing purple. We hope to see you this Thursday!
For the Illinois NOW PAC Endorsements, click on the link above.
Early voting has begun! Contact your county clerk’s office for early voting info and hours.
Waking up to the horrific news and going out to do my errands seemed disconnecting one’s feelings and that these acts are just another day in our country. Yet, around our nation and around the world people of good will made the connection of hate and violent acts are the same if in Paris, Israel or Orlando or anywhere. There are also ugliness that come from those who rejoiced in the murder of the party goers in Orlando. There are many choices to make and I believe they are all connected
Tired of the arguments, tired of the moment of silence. It is time we act by our coming together and saying no more assault guns sold. Saying yes to finding the ways to end the glorification of all types of violence in the U.S.
Illinois NOW Legislative Action Alert – April 1, 2016
Protect Transgender Students!
HB 4744, sponsored by Illinois House Rep. Thomas Morrison, would force transgender students to use separate bathroom facilities in schools. Similar anti-LGBT legislation became law in North Carolina last week.
This bill has been sent to the House Human Services Committee where it could be heard on April 5. We need to stop this bill while it is still in committee.
Since HB 4474 is in committee, we need you to contact ALL members of the Human Services Committee this week while they are on break. TELL THEM TO VOTE NO ON HB 4474! This bill is discriminatory to transgender students. Remind them that trans people are more likely to be victims of violence and not perpetrators of violence. SAY NO TO DISCRIMINATION! We cannot follow North Carolina.
The link to HB 4474 is here
The link to the list of the members of the IL House Human Services Committee is here.
Please click on each member’s name to access their contact information.
Thanks for all you do for NOW!
Bring your NOW signs and show your support for Equal Pay for all women!
Click on link below for more details. See you there!
Equal Pay Day Flyer
Illinois NOW Action Alert – March 11, 2016
Please continue to contact Governor Rauner and the four leaders of the Illinois General Assembly to pass a state budget NOW that protects services for the most vulnerable in our state. Such cuts disproportionately affect women.
Our message: No cuts to social programs – preserve union labor –
AND- do not close our state to immigrants. Thank you!
1. Governor Bruce Rauner (R) 217/782-0244 or 312/814-2121
2. Senate President John Cullerton (D)217/782-2728 or 773/883-0770
3. Senate Republican Minority Leader Christine Radogno (R)
217/782-9407 or 630/243-0800
4. House Speaker Michael Madigan (D) 217/782-5350 or 773/581-8000
5. House Republican Minority Leader Jim Durkin (R)
217/782-0494 or 630/325-2028
Urge your IL state representative to VOTE YES on SB 570 to reverse extreme cuts to the Child Care Assistance Program
Please pre-register in order to reserve lunch
“Intersectionality and Feminism”
Saturday, October 3, 2015 – 11:30
Oak Park Library – Maze Branch
845 Gunderson Ave Oak Park, Illinois 60304
We will discuss Roxane Gay’s book “Bad Feminist” so it would be very helpful if you read it (or re-read it) before the conference.
Join other feminists for a fun afternoon & set the action agenda for 2016
Elections * Legislative Report * Lunch * Silent Auction * Awards
$10 includes lunch
Please click on Events and then on Annual State Conference for more info and registration form
From SEIU Healthcare Illinois/Indiana:
Lawmakers in Springfield will vote TODAY on three important bills.
Can we count on you to call your State Rep NOW and urge them to vote YES on three important bills?
1. Vote YES on SB1229 for fair arbitration. This common-sense bill will give public workers—including DORS Personal Assistants and Home Child Care Providers—the right to arbitration if we can’t reach a fair contract agreement with the Governor. With Gov. Rauner’s extreme proposals to eliminate workers’ health care at the bargaining table, SB 1229 will give us a path to a fair contract that protects our jobs, our benefits and the vital care we provide.
2. Vote YES on SB 570 to reverse extreme cuts to the Child Care Assistance Program. Since July 1st, thousands of working parents have been denied CCAP, and parents and providers are losing their jobs. We need SB 570 so working parents can afford quality, reliable child care!
3. Vote YES on HB 2482 to protect home care for seniors and people with disabilities. Gov. Rauner is threating cuts to home care services that will leave 50,000 seniors and people with disabilities without home care—eliminating jobs for tens of thousands of home care workers. HB 2482 will protect home care services at current eligibility levels.
To contact your State Representative now, call 844-922-7334 and follow the instructions to connect to your Representative’s office.
The Illinois House will vote on these three important bills TODAY. Call 844-922-7334 to contact your State Representative now.