- This event has passed.
NOW National Board Meeting
September 30 @ 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
The National NOW Board Inc. and the National NOW Foundation will have a meeting on September 30, 2023. The Foundation meeting will follow the Inc. meeting on the same zoom link. Please register below to attend the upcoming National NOW Board meeting.
• When: September 30, 2028 11:00 am Eastern Time
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Code of Conduct
NOW is an intersectional, multi-issue organization; therefore differences exist and conflict happens. We recognize the organization is stronger for its diversity and hold in high regard the importance of ethical behavior and effective communication that further our goals. We also recognize that constructive dialogue is essential to successful advocacy. Therefore, when conflict arises, 2020 Conference participants are expected to constructively contribute to conflict resolution in ways that further NOW’s Statement of Purpose, by:
- Supporting the right to express a different viewpoint, encouraging the expression of many viewpoints, and being inclusive of the person expressing it. Ensure that the expression of your viewpoint is easily distinguishable from criticism.
- Keeping the end goal in mind. Excluding and diverting opinions inhibits consensus, commitment, and action. Avoid seizing on a fragment of an issue and making it central to the discussion; to do so deflects the attempts of others to express their thoughts on the main issue.
- Communicating any personal agendas. Personal agendas are valid and need to be communicated to develop a primary, open agenda and honest, ethical communication.
- Judging on the basis of actions and beliefs, not appearance or in-group politics. Avoid the devious process taught to all of us of undermining a woman’s being and actions in order to invalidate her point of view.
- Recognizing others who are not speaking, who have made several attempts and not been heard, or who have been cut off. All viewpoints need to be heard.
- Knowing when to participate. You will be informed when you are invited to participate, whether that be by unmuting yourself or using the “chat” or message board features to ask questions.
- Being respectful. Any participant that uses verbally egregious or violent behavior may be removed from the session or from the Board Meetings.