Latest IL NOW News
- Join Illinois NOW in “Rising to the Challenge” August 26 conferenceJoin Illinois NOW for our first in-person conference since 2019! The theme is 🗣️Rising to the Challenge💪🏻💪🏽💪🏿and the date chosen is significant as it is Women’s Equality Day – the anniversary of the 19th Amendment, granting women the right to vote. Kicking off the day will be a special performance by Her Story Theater. Featured … Read more
- Just one week away…One week away! Support the work of Illinois NOW 4/25-4/29. bit.ly/DGILNOW
- Press statement by Illinois NOW President Laura Welch on the 50th anniversary of Roe v. WadeThis Sunday marks the 50th Anniversary of the Roe v Wade decision. Like many of you, I will be marching with folks who firmly believe that abortion is a personal decision and no government or religious organization has any right to intervene. AND like many of you, I had an abortion. As I have noted, … Read more
- Take Action TODAY on these bills pending in the IL General Assembly🚨ACTION ALERT🚨 Friday January 6 It was a very busy night overnight in the Illinois House. 1. Rep Kelly Cassidy’s Patient and Provider Protection Act SB 1534 passed the House floor last night with a vote of 67-41. This now moves to the Senate. This bill provides protections to those seeking abortions from out of … Read more
- 130 ORGANIZATIONS CALL ON THE ILLINOIS LEGISLATURE TO PROTECT THE PRETRIAL FAIRNESS ACT & RESIST ROLLBACKThis morning, Illinois NOW joined more than 130 organizations representing thousands of Illinoisans sent an open letter to Illinois legislators urging them to only pass amendments to the Pretrial Fairness portions of the SAFE-T Act that remain true to the promise of this historic racial justice legislation. We believe that the changes included in HB5537 … Read more
- Support the feminist work of Illinois NOW by purchasing Double Good Popcorn🍿🍿ITS TIME! 🍿🍿 Support the feminist work of Illinois NOW by purchasing Double Good Popcorn this week! This virtual fundraiser’s selling period begins on🚨Monday, November 14th at 5 PM and ends at 5 PM on Friday, November 18th.🚨 💥50% of every purchase supports Illinois NOW💥 Each popcorn flavor is handcrafted in small batches full of … Read more
- President Laura Welch’s Comments on the Rise in Antisemitism in the US November 2, 2022President Laura Welch’s Comments on the Rise in Antisemitism in the US November 2, 2022 Recent comments from celebrities, politicians and white supremacists are part of a rising tide of antisemitic threats that Jews across the US are experiencing. Republican candidates, such as Pennsylvania’s Doug Mastriano’s blatant promotion of antisemitic hate against his Jewish opponent, … Read more
- 👟👟Join NOW this Saturday to canvass for these NOW endorsed candidatesJoin us this Saturday, November 5th, to canvass for pro-choice candidates, Joyce Mason, Laura Faver Dias, Mary Edly-Allen, and Judge Liz Rochford! 📍With special guest Governor JB Pritzker 🍁Saturday, Nov 5th 11 AM. 5101 Washington Street, Ste 24 Gurnee, IL To RSVP: https://tinyurl.com/JANov5
- Don’t be creepy….VOTE!Don’t be creepy and check out Illinois NOW PAC’se list of endorsed candidates here: bit.ly/ILNOWPAC All treats🍬🍫, no tricks! 👻💀VOTE!!
- Join us this Saturday to canvass for IL NOW PAC endorsed candidatesThis Saturday, October 29th, canvass for pro-choice candidate Rep. Suzanne Ness and IL Supreme Court candidate, Judge Liz Rochford! Saturday, 10/29 – 11:00 AM 543 East Main St., East Dundee IL RSVP HERE
Twitter feed is not available at the moment.